Motorcycle Safety Program
PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING:
Welcome to the Georgia Motorcycle Safety Program's Online Registration System. Please read this page in it entirety before choosing a course. You will need to click on one of the links below to continue.
No Refunds / No Rescheduling
When you register and pay for your class, it means you have reserved a seat in a specific class. You are expected to be at your class for those dates and times.
Your registration and course fee does not give you a seat in future classes, it does not add your name to a new roster nor does it reschedule you into another date if you should miss or be late for any part of your original course. It is your responsibility to make sure you arrive where you need to be.
Due to increasing demand for courses, we cannot issue refunds nor can we reschedule you into another course. You may cancel or reschedule, without penalty, up to 14 calendar days before your class starts. There are NO refunds and NO rescheduling after this grace period.
If you miss or are late for any session, you will NOT be allowed to continue in the class and you will NOT be issued a refund nor rescheduled.
Attendance / Lateness
- You must attend all sessions
- Failure to attend any portion of a course session results in being dropped from the course. No Refunds.
- There are no make-up classes, nor is there time to review missed material.
- Classes start promptly, it is your responsibility to be on time. Being late to the start of any portion of the course, may result in being dropped from the course. No Refunds.
- Due to variables beyond our control, such as weather, some course times may need to be extended. Allow additional time in your course schedule in case a session runs later than scheduled.
- Class hours may be extended or adjusted during any session. We ask that you do not commit to any other appointments on the days or evenings of your scheduled classes.
Construction, site emergencies, or unforeseen conflicts at our sites may require us to reschedule or cancel a course. In these extreme cases, we will make a reasonable attempt to find alternative meeting times, dates and/or locations for affected students but cannot guarantee we will be able to accommodate everyone. If GMSP cancels or reschedules your course, you may choose to reschedule or receive a refund.
Minors (Under the age of 18)
Students under the age of 18 that successfully complete the Basic Course earn a 90-day License Waiver. However, to get their license, the student must be at least 17 years of age before the 90-day waiver expires. They must also comply with the requirements of Joshua's Law.
Students under the age of 18 MUST have a parent or legal guardian accompany them to the first class meeting to sign a waiver form. Students under the age of 18 will NOT be allowed to attend unless a parent or legal guardian is present at the first classroom session (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Dress for weather conditions
- We rarely cancel a course because of weather
You will not be permitted to participate in the course unless you wear:
- Sturdy, over-the-ankle boots (no sneakers)
- Long pants
- Long sleeved shirt or jacket
- Full fingered gloves
- Eye protection
- Bandana (no offensive verbiage or images)
- We suggest you bring water, snacks, sunscreen
- Helmet (for Basic Course)
- Face shield (for Basic Course)
- Motorcycle (for Basic Course)
90-Day License Waiver
Successful completion of a course may entitle a graduate to a 90-day waiver of the Department of Driver Services' motorcycle licensing written test and on-cycle test. It does not waive the vision test or any fees. It is only valid for 90 days from the day the course ends.
Students under the age of 18 who successfully complete the Basic Course MUST be at least 17 years of age BEFORE the 90-day waiver period expires to get their license. They must also meet the requirements of Joshua's Law.
Motorcycling is Not for Everyone
Motorcycling is not for everyone. Some students may discover this for themselves during the course. At other times, struggling or uncertain students may be counseled out and unable to continue in the riding sessions. They are welcome to finish the classroom portions with the understanding that they will not receive a class completion card or a license waiver.
GMSP trained Coaches are required to maintain the safety of all participants. Any student creating an unsafe condition, as determined by the Coaches, will not be allowed to continue in the course.
There are NO refunds or reschedules available for non-completion of the course.